Welcome!

Welcome to the CVAB Online Community Blog. CVAB is a mental health consumer-run agency in Vancouver WA. This is our place to dialog about things related to CVAB and more importantly, those things that affect you and our community health, wellness and recovery.

Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Week....

We're going to have quite the week at CVAB. The Washington Behavioral Healthcare Conference is in town so we have a full agenda of visiting dignitaries, state and RSN employees and some out of town peers. In addition, there will be 30 or so of our CVAB community participating at the conference where we will have an exhibitors table, be involved in one presentation, and involved in some open meetings.

On top of all that, our regularly scheduled calendar of events....

I can't wait until next week.

2 comments:

  1. the behavioral health care conference Vancouver, Wa, was great. Tonier Cain persented her talk very well. Tonier is an inspiration to everyone. Tonier very well described the fact that nobody wanted to listen and finally someone did. I am so glad Tonier got the standing ovation. Good luck to Tonier and her life successes. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found Tonier's presentation to be very moving and encouraging. When I was growing up, I was the youngest of four children, and it seems I never got to answer anything for myself. One of my siblings or a parent would speak for me. As an adult, I have learned in 12 step programs that I do have an opinion, and sometimes its a useful one. I have been in recovery and MH counseling for many years but it is still sometimes an effort to just think clearly around people. OH well, progress not perfection!! When I started into recovery, I could barely string three words together to speak a sentence.

    kae

    ReplyDelete