Welcome!

Welcome to the CVAB Online Community Blog. CVAB is a mental health consumer-run agency in Vancouver WA. This is our place to dialog about things related to CVAB and more importantly, those things that affect you and our community health, wellness and recovery.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Busy?

It seems like the standard answer that I and most others give and get these days is "Busy." Oh yeah, the question is "How are you?" It seems to me that there needs a better answer. I think "busy" is how I avoid the question. Better yet, just look busy and people won't ask and I don't have to be concerned about not telling the truth, being honest about how I am really doing.

The holidays offer even more of an opportunity to be "busy." Maybe this is the time of year we should be less busy and more honest. Come to think of it, maybe we should be less busy and more honest year-round...it may lead to real relationships.

Well, while there still time left in this year and holiday stuff and work stuff and, you know, I got to run.....I'm busy.............

2 comments:

  1. I have to run, I am busy.oops I am to busy to run, so I slow down alittle. In the end of it all I am busy . I stay busy all the time going here and there. Have a happy day, I am busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several years ago while riding the bus, there was a guy practically screaming at the person on the other end of his cell phone about how being "busy" was an excuse. That it could just be this someone getting together with a girlfriend at a Starbucks when they could be spending time with HIM. While it seemed a little outrageous at the time, it's a very good point. "Busy" is an illusion, because what it really means is that we're busy doing what we think is important, and not what might be more important on a grander scale. Just something to chew over...

    --Nick

    ReplyDelete