Welcome!

Welcome to the CVAB Online Community Blog. CVAB is a mental health consumer-run agency in Vancouver WA. This is our place to dialog about things related to CVAB and more importantly, those things that affect you and our community health, wellness and recovery.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I don't get it

There is soooo much more that I don't get than I do get.....

I don't get why people are so quick to tell you how to run things their way but so unwilling to do something, anything.

I don't get double speak....saying you'll do one thing while doing another.

I don't get the lack of taking responsibility for choices made.

I don't get why I don't get so much.....

4 comments:

  1. I must say that your “I don't get it” statements reminded me of a couple of things.
    1.I was recently sharing with someone something that I heard when I was in inpatient treatment at Sundown M Ranch [treatment for alcoholism]. One of the counselors stated that a person raised by someone with a mental illness will have a better chance of growing up stable emotionally than someone raised by an alcoholic. Here is the example given: If your dad comes home one day and sees you swinging the cat by the tail, he will either laugh about it, or beat you for it. The mentally ill father will have the same response each time. The alcoholic father will be unpredictable.
    1.I recently returned to researching articles about dealing with difficult people. I found an interesting quiz at http://www.shrinkinabox.com/difficult-people/quiz.htm It consists of seven multiple choice questions. After you submit your quiz, giving your e-mail address, you receive an e-mail with a link to their analysis of each answer. I just thought you or someone else reading this might find it interesting.
    kae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you input. I don't get swinging cats but I do understand your point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would feel so sorry for the cat being swing by the tail. I think this is very sad that someone would do this kind of treatment in the first place. Either way it can be reported as animal cruelity. How would a human feel being grabbed by the feet and legs and being swinged all over the place. Not a very good feeling is it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, Brad! I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete